Looking for something fun and relaxing to do? Why not try my secret bath bomb recipe (never shared before). These make great for gifts, too!
Kathy’s Bath Bomb Recipe
1 cup sodium bicarbonate
3/4 cup citric acid
2 TBSP water
10 drops of your favourite essential oil(s)
These instructions are crucial to follow exactly to have successful bath bombs:
1) In a large glass bowl, put in water and your essential oil(s)
2) Cover liquid completely with the sodium bicarbonate
3) Add the citric acid
4) Mix it all by hand. If it seems too dry and crumbly, use a spritzer to spritz water onto your mixture, being careful not to have it all go off at once! Keep mixing with your hands and form into balls
5) If you choose to use a form, make certain that it is glass or plastic
6) Allow to fully set. You’ll know because it will be hard
7) Fill a tub with warm water and plop your fizzy, super awesome bath bomb in the water, relax and let your skin be softened while your cares melt away.
PS.. Some essential oil combinations that I like are lavender and lavender, or lavender with just about anything :-), rosemary and peppermint, eucalyptus and geranium.
I prefer not to use colour, but food grade colour can be added during step 1